Friday, May 08, 2015

Another Shirt, and More Things



I have made it through the first seven days of Me Made May with three knitting projects, three sewing projects, and a screen printed tee shirt.  Daphne even played along one day with a shirt and bag that she made at the Finch.  I will never be able to make it 31 days without a repeat, but I am pretty stoked that I made it this far.  Maybe next year I can make it through the whole month.

I also made another shirt this week.  I'm saving it for a day when I plan to leave the house.  That probably won't be today.




Daphne is sick.  Again.  So we're kinda stuck here.  I need some Me Made Housepants for days like this.


On Wednesday, she was fine.  She even ran a practice 5K in the hot hot heat after school.  


While Daphne was running, I stood on the side of the track cheering and sweating and cursing the summer that is to come.  It was only about 82 and I was miserable.  I keep telling myself "at least there are berries, at least there are berries, at least there are berries."


We celebrated Star Wars Day (May the 4th be with You) with these pancakes:


I had a little trouble with the molds, but they were still delicious.  Next time, I'll get some cooking spray.  Seriously.  Buttermilk.  It's magical.

Daphne is home from school today, watching cartoons.  I have chores to do, but I really want to sew or knit.  Or watch cartoons with Daph.  I think the best plan is to go do some chores now and leave the afternoon free for something fun.

Happy almost Mother's Day to all the good moms out there.  You are all awesome. 

OK, garden...time for a good soak before it gets above 70.





No comments: