Thursday, July 17, 2014

Post Vacation Post


So, that about wraps up our Cape Cod vacation.  It was a good trip, bookended by visits with Kev's family.  Daphne got to have some quality cousin time and jump on the trampoline and swim at the lake...a nice little preview to our annual New York County Fair Lake Place Last Big Thing Before School Starts trip.  Can't wait.



Since we've been home, there has been a lot of cleaning and a little bit of crafting.



Daphne lost another tooth.


And climbed a tree.



We've been taking advantage of good things in our little town, like local restaurants and the farmer's market.


Last night, it was so nice out (thank you, Polar Vortex) that we went downtown and ate dinner on the La Lou "patio."  I had lobster ravioli topped with shrimp, crab meat, and vodka sauce.  Just like being on vacation.  On a Wednesday!



One morning, I was visited by an owl.


And one night, Kev beat me at cribbage, but only by 2 pegs.


We had friends over for tapas one evening, and Daphne has been swimming every day, and I've been working at the shop a little bit.  There have been various dentist and eye doctor appointments and house and car issues to deal with.  Summer is just as busy as the school year.  But most of it is fun.


This morning, I am enjoying my coffee and my delicious farmers market yogurt and blueberries and my big pile of fresh library books.  Daphne is in the other room watching Tree House Master.  It's nice to ease into the day.  We don't have to be anywhere until 10:40!

This weekend, I'm working on Saturday, and we're going to a family pottery class on Sunday.  Next week, Daphne will be in a day camp, and I will be teaching some classes at Finch, but I will also have a little time alone in the house for the first time in a LONG time.  I think I will use that time to do something with this:


Mustangs and arrows.  I think I'll make a giant bag of some sort.  Because I need more bags.

Halfway through summer.  Hard to believe.  More fun stuff to come...

But now, more coffee.

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

"Visited by an owl": Excellent owl costume. Great pose, too.

--GG